LEARN ABOUT OCEAN PLASTICS AND
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Intro: The Ocean Plastics Issue,
Advanced: Take Action on Ocean Plastics, Lessons 206-210
Dive into EPIC Academy’s 10-part voyage of ocean plastics discovery, crafted by Ocean Legacy, where learning transforms into action. Our curriculum, spanning beginner to advanced levels, navigates through:
- The deepest depths of ocean plastics,
- Strategies to reshape the world around you,
- Empowering ways to lead your community in the battle against plastic pollution,
- Methods and ideas for supporting the plastic circular economy.
Arm yourself with practical tools, forged from decades of knowledge by experts in the field. Each lesson is an ocean of education on plastics and it’s mitigation, completely free with registration. If you’re moved by the journey, feel free to contribute any amount to help sustain the EPIC waves of educational impact and action!
What Will You Learn?
Lessons 1-5 were designed for classroom learning best for ages 14 and up; to provide students, teachers, everyday people and volunteers with an introduction to the ocean plastics issue. In these first five lessons, you will learn:
- Plastics 101: What are plastics?
- What are microplastics?
- How do plastics make their way into the ocean?
- Why are ocean plastics a problem?
- What you can do to prevent, reduce and clean-up ocean plastics.
INTRODUCTION: THE OCEAN PLASTICS ISSUE 101 - 105
The Level 1 lessons are suitable for learners age 14+ and up! Lessons are currently available in 3 languages: English, French and Spanish. Each lesson takes about 90 min to complete.
Want to Learn More?
Want to learn more once you’ve finished Level 1? Take our advanced lesson material Level 2: Lessons 6-10. In these lessons you will learn:
- How ocean plastics are different than land-based plastics.
- How to build an ocean plastics recycling system.
- How to encourage behaviour changes that help prevent and clean-up ocean plastics.
- What policies are being used globally to prevent and clean-up ocean plastics.
- How to advocate for policy changes in your community.
ADVANCED LEARNING: TAKE ACTION ON OCEAN PLASTICS 206 - 210
The Level 2 lessons are suitable for learners age 14+ and up as well! Lessons are currently available in 3 languages: English, French and Spanish. Each lesson takes about 90 min to complete.